Lost and Found
We operate a Lost and Found service at Anglia Coastal Branch. If you would like to report a lost cat or notify us of a cat you have found please contact us on our Helpline number 0345 3714202 (Mon - Fri 8.30 am- 6 pm, Sat 9 am - 3 pm)
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CatsProtectionAngliaCoastal
Our main website Anglia Coastal at http://www.cats.org.uk/angliacoastal
email firstname.lastname@example.org (we aim to reply within 48 hours)
If it is sick or injured please ring the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
Please contact us also if you think you recognise one of the cats displayed here
If your cat is missing :
- Thoroughly check your property, all rooms, cupboards, boxes, sheds, garages and vehicles
- Check gardens, bushes - a torch is useful at night
- Put some posters up locally, place in shops, garages, post offices
- Ask locally if anyone has seen your cat
- Contact local veterinary practices, notify us your local Cats Protection Branch - we need to know colour, sex, age, if microchipped, if wearing collar, identifying features and date last seen.
- Please e-mail or post usa photo if possible
- Contact other agencies/animal charities
When your cat returns don't forget to notify all the people you have contacted
If you find a cat:
- Ensure the cat is indeed lost!
- If the cat is friendly and in good condition it may belong to someone.
- Ask neighbours if their cat is missing
- Put up posters locally
- Ascertain if possible, the sex of the cat and estimate its age.
- Take note of cat's colour and whether it has a collar
- If possible take to a vet to see if it has a microchip
- Notify vets, Cats Protection, other agencies
- Please offer the cat food and water and some shelter until help arrives.
Our Branch is often full to capacity but we can always place details of the cat on our web site, but can rarely collect a cat immediately.